FOXNews.com – French Train Hits 357 MPH Breaking World Speed Record
[Yeah, I know…it should be reported in KPH…but I think I’ve sufferred enough for one day.]
They got close to the absolute train speed record on this trip, currently held by a Japanese maglev. The train had oversized wheels, a 25,000 HP motor, and heavier overhead cables delivering higher than normal voltage. It remains to be seen whether the effort will be reflected in regular train service in the near future.
I am reminded of our train travel during our recent European vacation, particularly the trip on a high-speed train from Paris to Rouen. I have video shot from the back window of the train at full speed, if I can figure out how to embed it in a weblog. It should give a pretty realistic sensation of the speeds involved, although I never found out exactly how fast we were going.
- 31,256 visits
- @RealJamesWoods There apparently isn't anything @realDonaldTrump can do to disappoint his believers, who are at lea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 25 minutes ago
- RT @RealJamesWoods: The Democrats gave you the rope, Mr. President, and you just hanged yourself with it. #ByeByeGOP2018 https://t.co/Hw5tg… 28 minutes ago
- RT @DPRK_News: Self-proclaimed "artist of the deal" Donald Trump assures constituency of gullible simpletons that latest betrayal will be h… 5 hours ago
- @aggedor_ Still a few diehard #redeye regulars who get together occasionally to watch cat videos. 5 hours ago
- @1776Stonewall You missed one. #omnibusbill 20 hours ago
- James 1:12 biblegateway.com/passage/?searc… via @biblegateway 1 day ago
- RT @angusmacferret: Attn: #Redeye fans <3 twitter.com/awj9009/status… 1 day ago
- RT @ChristianInst: John 3:19 And this is the verdict: The Light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness rather than the Light,… 1 day ago