FOXNews.com[AP] – Israel Intelligence: Iranian Troops Helped Hezbollah Attack Warship
The Israeli missile boat Hanit (“Spear”) was hit by one of two Iranian-built Chinese “Silkworm” anti-ship missiles, according to the Israeli investigation of the attack. Israel also claims that the missile was fired by Iranian troops participating directly in the conflict against Israel.
“Iran denied that it had any troops in Lebanon.”
“Iran’s embassy in Beirut issued a statement late Saturday that called the Israeli allegations “meaningless.””
From which we can conclude that there are Iranian regular troops in Lebanon fighting alongside the terrorist irregulars, and the Israeli allegations are most likely accurate.
It appears that the Israeli naval forces disastrously underestimated the threat:
“An Israeli military official said the Spear’s missile detection and deflection system was not on during the attack, apparently because the sailors did not anticipate such an attack. “
The “Spear” is a Sa’ar 5-class missile/patrol boat. It apparently made it back to Ashdod for repairs with one crewman dead and three missing, with its stern helipad wrecked.
INS Hanit – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sa’ar 5-class missile boat – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[Wiki as news sources? Oh, well, it’s just a blog….]
The missiles fired were a C-802 export version of the Chinese anti-ship cruise missile:
C-802 – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are more sinister implications, though. The Chinese exports to Iran were apparently stripped-down versions, but the planned exports were cut off because of U.S. complaints. According to the document at Global Security.org, the Iranians and North Koreans got together in 2000 and developed an upgraded version of the Iranian missiles using advanced North Korean missile technology. That evidently is what hit the Hanit.
- 31,217 visits
- RT @sheriran95: Jan 14 - Tehran, #Iran A group of contractors who have not been paid by the Tehran municipality staged a protest gathering… 1 day ago
- 1John 4:20 biblegateway.com/passage/?searc… 1 day ago
- @wikileaks Note that although I follow @wikileaks, I only saw this because someone else retweeted it. 1 day ago
- RT @wikileaks: Bill Clinton claims that no Clinton Foundation "funds" were used to pay for Chelsea Clinton's wedding. However, the leaked e… 1 day ago
- @BillClinton As an impeached former president, and repeatedly demonstrated congenital liar, you must have come to u… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- First Indictments Issued in Clinton Uranium One Russian Bribery Case - oann.com/first-indictme… 2 days ago
- @ShannonPoe Why does everyone keep repeating what they say? They're celebrities---if ignored, they >will< go away. 2 days ago
- @westieTX At some point, we're going to find out what actually happened, and it's not going to be pretty. 2 days ago