FOXNews.com[AP] – Israel Intelligence: Iranian Troops Helped Hezbollah Attack Warship
The Israeli missile boat Hanit (“Spear”) was hit by one of two Iranian-built Chinese “Silkworm” anti-ship missiles, according to the Israeli investigation of the attack. Israel also claims that the missile was fired by Iranian troops participating directly in the conflict against Israel.
“Iran denied that it had any troops in Lebanon.”
“Iran’s embassy in Beirut issued a statement late Saturday that called the Israeli allegations “meaningless.””
From which we can conclude that there are Iranian regular troops in Lebanon fighting alongside the terrorist irregulars, and the Israeli allegations are most likely accurate.
It appears that the Israeli naval forces disastrously underestimated the threat:
“An Israeli military official said the Spear’s missile detection and deflection system was not on during the attack, apparently because the sailors did not anticipate such an attack. “
The “Spear” is a Sa’ar 5-class missile/patrol boat. It apparently made it back to Ashdod for repairs with one crewman dead and three missing, with its stern helipad wrecked.
INS Hanit – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sa’ar 5-class missile boat – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[Wiki as news sources? Oh, well, it’s just a blog….]
The missiles fired were a C-802 export version of the Chinese anti-ship cruise missile:
C-802 – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are more sinister implications, though. The Chinese exports to Iran were apparently stripped-down versions, but the planned exports were cut off because of U.S. complaints. According to the document at Global Security.org, the Iranians and North Koreans got together in 2000 and developed an upgraded version of the Iranian missiles using advanced North Korean missile technology. That evidently is what hit the Hanit.
- 31,140 visits
- @MarkDice Just wait. We're still trying to figure out pronouns for avocados. #TransRightsAreHumanRights 10 hours ago
- A lot of people saying stuff a lot doesn't make it true, reasonable, or constructive. #TransRightsAreHumanRights 10 hours ago
- #TransRightsAreHumanRights, including a right to change your mind as you realize how destructive your behavior is to the rest of humanity. 10 hours ago
- THE BATTLE OF KURSK – PART II blog.tiger-tank.com/incombat/the-b… 10 hours ago
- THE BATTLE OF KURSK – PART I blog.tiger-tank.com/incombat/battl… 10 hours ago
- @realDonaldTrump Did anyone in the prior administration think about the simple logistics of keeping sexualy-mutlilated people in the field? 11 hours ago
- Pres. Trump to Ban Transgender People From All Military Service - oann.com/pres-trump-to-… 11 hours ago
- @angusmacferret …and a tendency to filch stuff and hide it under furniture. Maybe that's pushing the metaphor a little too far? 1 day ago