Siberian airliner crashes on landing
My Way News[AP] – Scores Feared Dead in Siberia Runway Crash
CNN.com – Airbus A-310 jet crashes in Russia – Jul 8, 2006
A Sibir (Siberian Airlines) airliner with 200 people aboard has veered off the runway at Irkutsk while landing. The plane crashed through a concrete barrier and into buildings, and burst into flame. Currently it appears that 10 got out okay, 43 were taken to hospitals, and most of the rest are feared dead.
The AP story says it was an Airbus 390, which appears from a quick web search to be a 4-engine model. The CNN story refers to the 2-engine 310, which seems more likely for some reason.
- 31,140 visits
- @MarkDice Just wait. We're still trying to figure out pronouns for avocados. #TransRightsAreHumanRights 10 hours ago
- A lot of people saying stuff a lot doesn't make it true, reasonable, or constructive. #TransRightsAreHumanRights 10 hours ago
- #TransRightsAreHumanRights, including a right to change your mind as you realize how destructive your behavior is to the rest of humanity. 10 hours ago
- THE BATTLE OF KURSK – PART II blog.tiger-tank.com/incombat/the-b… 10 hours ago
- THE BATTLE OF KURSK – PART I blog.tiger-tank.com/incombat/battl… 10 hours ago
- @realDonaldTrump Did anyone in the prior administration think about the simple logistics of keeping sexualy-mutlilated people in the field? 11 hours ago
- Pres. Trump to Ban Transgender People From All Military Service - oann.com/pres-trump-to-… 11 hours ago
- @angusmacferret …and a tendency to filch stuff and hide it under furniture. Maybe that's pushing the metaphor a little too far? 1 day ago