Siberian airliner crashes on landing
My Way News[AP] – Scores Feared Dead in Siberia Runway Crash
CNN.com – Airbus A-310 jet crashes in Russia – Jul 8, 2006
A Sibir (Siberian Airlines) airliner with 200 people aboard has veered off the runway at Irkutsk while landing. The plane crashed through a concrete barrier and into buildings, and burst into flame. Currently it appears that 10 got out okay, 43 were taken to hospitals, and most of the rest are feared dead.
The AP story says it was an Airbus 390, which appears from a quick web search to be a 4-engine model. The CNN story refers to the 2-engine 310, which seems more likely for some reason.
- 31,279 visits
- RT @TwitchyTeam: 'Prayers up': George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized after contracting an infection twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/… 1 hour ago
- Dr Aryeh Nusbacher, has regularly appeared on the standard history documentaries for several years. Now he's appe… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Officials: 4 Dead, Suspect on the Loose after Shooting at Tennessee Waffle House - oann.com/officials-4-de… 1 day ago
- Romans 1:20 biblegateway.com/passage/?searc… via @biblegateway 1 day ago
- @RichNoyes @newsbusters S'ok, it's not like we depend on them for news anymore anyway. 2 days ago
- RT @wikileaks: Democrats have gone all Scientology against @WikiLeaks. We read the DNC lawsuit. Its primary claim against @WikiLeaks is tha… 2 days ago
- Dear @FoxNews, why in the name of everything decent would you let @ShepNewsTeam cover the #barbarabushfuneral? 2 days ago
- Mark 7:14-15, 21-23 biblegateway.com/passage/?searc… https://t.co/ydbPCgHAPk 2 days ago